Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Never (Ever) Forget...Ever!

Heaven help me...I want to stop talking about Sarah Palin, I really do, but I can't. I am not spellbound by her 'also ran' beauty queen smile or her rimless glasses. I'm not entranced by her (artificially) tanned skin or her hockey-mom swagger. I'm not even impressed by her moose hunting escapades or her 2 year tenure as defender of Alaska from the Russian onslaught. No, it's because everyday...everyday...I am subjected to revelation after revelation that this woman is truly a turd.

Why am I stunned that she is now refusing to cooperate with the investigation of her Cheney-esque intimidation and firing of Alaska Public Safety Commissioner, Walter Monegan? Even more stunning are the words of the campaign spokesperson who informed us that Palin would not cooperate because the investigation had been "hijacked" by Obama "operatives". I'm happy to know that I am not the only one (thanks Mel) that realizes that this clever play on words is more than just random terminology. I'm a little tired of the Right constantly invoking references of terrorist attacks and national insecurity at every opportunity and creating opportunities solely for the purposes of doing so.

Well, maybe Barack "Osama" did plot to "hijack" the investigation and "slam a plane" into the side of the McCain/Palin campaign. It's quite likely that these "suicide bomber" tactics are part of a larger plot to give the Obama "terror cell" a political advantage. It's just another attempt by the liberal "insurgency" to "taint the water" of the democratic process. I won't be surprised when a republican mouthpiece one day utters the words: "Taliban dirty bomb Bin Laden Baghdad. And furthermore, WMD sleeper cell September 11th Hussein Islam. Support the troops!" This will undoubtedly result in a chorus of gleeful applause from the bollo tie wearing, 'drill baby drill' crowd. A message to Republicans: Stop Anthrax coating everything!

Before the dust had completely settled after the attacks of September 11th, President Bush's handlers saw fit to arrange the most disgusting photo op of all photo ops. He climbed onto a pile of debris, a pile of debris that quite possibly contained the remains of some poor victim, and stood there with his bullhorn in hand and proceeded to spew more of his sing-song, motivational drivel. Let's face it, he could have said "Viva Las Vegas" and everyone would have cheered and cried and loved him for it. It is the euphoric confusion of that moment that all Republicans yearn for. They consistently attempt to find their own pile of rubble on which to stand and deliver their own message of inspiration through fear. I'm less inclined to follow a 'rubble-humper' than I am to follow the person that I believe can shield me from rubble. My firm belief is that diplomatic relations and dialogue are the methods that we should all embrace as the true paths to (relative)peace. Not intimidation, pointless wars and fear-mongering.

Please McCain/Palin, quit trying to remind me that there is such a thing as terrorism. I know. Your methods are uncreative and reveal your tendency for violent attempts at solution. Do something meaningful and real. Get off the pile.

1 comment:

starrzy said...

A brilliant little nugget of wisdom from the Stod. Check this out: http://newsbiscuit.com/article/sarah-palin-admits-son-is-islamic-terrorist-360