Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Born Again (Not In The Really Stupid Way)

When I originally created this blog, my intent was to channel my outrage and disgust with the current state of affairs in a somewhat constructive manner. A couple of short, unspectacular posts later, and I was winded. When I began to try and catalog specific issues that I wanted to highlight, I realized that it was such an insurmountable heap that I completley lost focus and fell flat.

It felt somewhat like boxing a cyclone -- taking swing after inspired swing at a swirling cluster of ignorance, war, bigotry and plain old hatred, but never connecting. Whiff after whiff until my arms were completely wrapped around my body, not unlike a pre-spinach Popeye attempting to take down a decidedly more capable Bluto.

It was frustrating, to say the least. The dust of the 2004 election had settled and we were well on our way into 4 more years of W. Oh sure, I was somewhat enthused when the dems gained control of congress, but their impotence, lack of will and general incompetence quickly sapped any amount of motivation I had gained. We were in it - deep - and I wasn't going to do a thing about it. I began to realize that, contrary to what I had believed most of my life, general malaise is an acheived condition. I was ready and willing to stop giving a flyin' fat baby what happens. Hell, I've got an Xbox.

Wrong. Recent events have convinced me that we all have a grand opportunity before us. Those of us who are fed up and frustrated have a chance - nay - an obligation to be heard. My vote is the most important weapon that I possess, but I want an entire stockpile of weapons. In the immortal words of Carlito Brigante, "I'm reloaded! Okay? Come on in here, you motherfuckers! Come on, I'm waitin' for ya! What, you ain't comin' in? Okay, I'm comin' out!"

One voice can be heard, but if it is one of a million voices it must be heard. Will one person read this? Will no one read this? I don't care, I'm writing it.

Stick 'em up motherfuckers, we come for what's ours.

No comments: